John Winkler
Social Media
12/15/11
“Mashable.com” is a website dedicated to delivering news on various different subjects, including but not limited to technology, business, websites, gadgets, video games, mobile, and social media news in general. The site aims to pull in an audience of mainly technology and Internet enthusiasts. It seems that the site is more advertised towards people already affiliated with the business and technology world (most likely people already employed or looking for employment in one of the two fields). Young people and students don’t seem a big part of their target audience. Considering it has obtained 728,652 “Likes” on “Facebook” and 2.6 million “Followers” on Twitter, and I have never heard of the site before. I would say that it’s reached it’s target audience quite successfully, and I am not it.
The site has the feel of “Facebook” and “MSN” morphed into one. The strengths of the site are its look compatible with other news and social media sites. It’s also generally easy to surf around in the site. However, the site is awfully cluttered and overwhelming. It turns me off in that aspect because I don’t even know where to begin on the site. It features so many subjects on the site that it seems to be all squished on one page at a time.
No comments:
Post a Comment